Advisor: Lawrence Treuer
* Develop an understanding and appreciation of celestial objects.
* To be able to locate the moon, planets, and constellations and understand their changes in position with respect to the earth’s movements.
* To understand and explore the job of astronomers.
* To use the World Wide Web to find the latest developments in the field of astronomical research or events.
* To work with a local astronomical society/organization to bring greater exposure of astronomy to other students.
* Use fundraising for the purchase of a school telescope.
Criteria for Service Credit: Students must attend 60% of the after school meetings or Telescope Nights.