Want some help getting ready for a college fair?
~College Fairs provide students and parents/guardians with an opportunity to gather information about several different colleges at once.~ Typically, there are rows of college tables staffed by representatives (reps) to answer your questions about admission requirements, academic programs, student housing, and campus life.~ Additionally, many college fairs have special workshops on financial aid or admissions testing (SAT or ACT).
~While attending a college fair be sure
- Bring a pen and notebook and take notes
- Pick up a bag to hold any applications or brochures or bring your own in case none are provided
- Check out the floor plan and map out a route to make sure you visit all of the colleges on your list
- Note when and where information sessions are being held (attend any that could be useful)
- Have a list of specific questions ready to ask college reps; be sure to thank them and ask for a business card (you may have questions after the fair is over)
- Ask about application fee waivers when speaking with reps (many colleges will waive their application fee just because you visited their table)~
After the fair:
- Look through your notes and eliminate the colleges that are not a good fit
- Do more research on the schools left on your list
- Contact the college reps if you still have questions or would like additional information
- Plan to attend an open house
The following links provide information on upcoming college fairs.~ We encourage you to take advantage of these often free events and remind you to check the various websites, as registration may be required.~ Enjoy the fairs!