What is Student Assistance Counseling?

Student Assistance Counseling is a process where you can meet with a professional counselor to discuss any problem you are dealing with.
For example:

Bullying, including cyber-bullying
Drugs / Alcohol
Eating Disorders
Family problems
Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgender (GLBT) Issues
Grief and Loss
Relationship Issues
Stress or anxiety
ANY other issues

Why Choose to meet with the SAC?

It's free!
It's confidential! Contact with the SAC is confidential under State (NJSA 18A: 40A-7.1) and Federal Laws (42 CFR Part 2) The only exceptions are in cases of suicidal or homicidal behaviors and cases of abuse or neglect.
It's convenient!
It's voluntary!

How do I make an appointment?

Stop by and see me. I am in the last office in the guidance department, off of the guidance conference room.
Email me at grecol@nvnet.org
Call me at (201) 784-1600 ext. 24430
Ask your guidance counselor to introduce you.
Do not leave any emergencies on my email or voicemail. If I am not available, immediately seek out your guidance counselor, the nurse or any other trusted adult in the building.

Counseling is not always about getting advice.  Rather, it is a process where you and a counselor can explore issues and develop healthy and effective coping strategies together.